Free vs paid EDR functionality

After posting my initial question, I found another post that stated the EDR functionality is free. Can someone help me understand what is the EDR functionality and what is not?
When I look at the agents I deployed on a couple test computers, I see that there are little boxes indicating the Agent, AV, FireWall, EDR, and MDR.

Would I be correct in saying that if only the AG and the EDR ones are green, that is the free product, and if the AV and FW ones are green, that’s the paid product?

I’m testing out OpenEDR, as a possible solution for my ministry. We have about 52 computers that we manage now and will be adding more. Right now we use the Windows Defender that comes with the computer but I’d like to add an EDR component as well. What would be the difference between the EDR offered by OpenEDR and the one that I would be paying for through Xcitium?

Hi @Fredjclaus , you can register and start using Open EDR for free. There are 2 main differences:
1- Xcitium offers a technology called Zerotrust containment, where it doesn’t rely on “detection”, but always prevents the “unknown payload” from damaging your assets, ensuring protection… via its’ patented “Kernel Level API Virtualization” technology.
2- Xcitium offers this technology as a service, so that you don’t need to cope with the configuration, whitelisting, monitoring, remediating against threats etc. and let world-class Xcitium SOC team to do this for you.

I will be more than happy to discuss further.

I remember years back I used iTarian Security when I used the iTarian RMM. When a file was contained it ran with a green box around it to show that it was “Sandboxking” it. Is that what you are referring to? So the free version doesn’t have that function?

You are exactly right. The containment module is not included in free version, you can trial it for 30 days…

PS: It comes to deciding what is better and valuable:
Detection (letter D in EDR) vs protection against unknown malicious payload (ZeroDay).
All EDR products rely on “detection” whether they use dynamic analysis, behavioral analysis, or even use some very complicated AI… It will fail, because malware is adapting to bypass all those detection methods faster than ever (you can easily check the increase in “cost of breach” from cyber attacks, day by day).
So the solution is to “prevent damage” from those “undetected” threats. That is exactly what Xcitium’s patented ZeroDwell Containment technology provides…