OpenEDR Easy Installation Video

1 Like

Open EDR Server can be on premises?

hi @Unaischr

OpenEDR is an Agent.
Management of it can be done either via cloud platform like Xcitium (offered for free)
Or by setting up your own ELK Stack.

Of course the Xcitium Platform (which is free) is much easier and full features than ELK Stack.
Any Data Residency issue is resolved by having Xcitium Platform deploy in relevant geographies, if the the data residency is an issue of course.

Thank you

can you help to download Xcitium Platform for setting our own server

hi @Unaischr

You can watch the video in the original post where it shows you how to signup to Xcitium platform
And here is the link

Xcitium platform is a cloud based platform, nothing to download locally. Only EDR agents are downloaded and deployed locally.

Thank you.

Is there a how-to anywhere that you know of on deploying on premises management interface?

hi @TTGrrussell

Open EDR is an Agent.
Management of it can be done either via cloud platform like Xcitium (offered for free)
Or by setting up your own ELK Stack.

Of course the Xcitium Platform (which is free) is much easier and full features than ELK Stack.
Any Data Residency issue is resolved by having Xcitium Platform deploy in relevant geographies, if the the data residency is an issue of course.

Thank you

Thanks! I did watch the video before posting. I just have not found any documentation on how to deploy my own on prem ELK Stack and configure the OpenEDR endpoint agents to report to it. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

hi @TTGrrussell ,

I shall check with the team and get back to you on this.

Thank you!

hi @TTGrrussell , you can follow all necessary instructions about Open EDR on-prem deployment from here

Thank you so much for this. This looks like exactly what I need.

Hello guys.

I’m looking into installing my own ELK Stack by following the instructions found on the source code. I’m having issues regarding the initial “BuildInstructions.md” file which explains how to build the code for the installer I assume. I am not too crafted on Visual Studio and haven’t been able to debug the code. Is there a way I can get the installer from a different source in order to continue with the ELK stack configuration? Thanks in advance.

hi @Teo

I shall check with the team and get back to you on this.

Thank you!

Hi @Teo ,
Here are the working links for Open EDR standalone installation
Build Instructions
Docker Installation
Setting up Elasticsearch Kibana and Logstash
Setting up Openedr and File beat
Editing Alerting Policies
Setting Up Kibana

You dont have to build the code, you can just download the binaries https://github.com/ComodoSecurity/openedr/releases/tag/release-2.5.1